Another vaccinated disease among dogs is rabies. In most cases, dogs that are not vaccinated against this disease are extremely dangerous to humans. It is one of the most activated for vaccines, because of the danger it poses both to humans and dogs. In addition, dogs that get this disease often do not recover, and those that do become carriers and can, therefore, easily spread the disease to other dogs.
VCAC Mission and Goals
Vigo County Animal Coalition is an umbrella organization formed in 2007 to promote the well-being of animals in Vigo County, Indiana. Primary objectives of the VCAC are to:
- Improve public awareness of animal issues
- Improve communication between member organizations
- Improve visibility of member organizations
- Improve capacity of member organizations
- Ensure sustainable improvement in conditions for animals in Vigo County.